The law protects the relationship between a client and a psychotherapist, and information cannot be disclosed without written permission.
- Suspected child abuse or dependent adult or elder abuse, for which I am required by law to report this to the appropriate authorities immediately.
- If a client is threatening serious bodily harm to another person/s, I must notify the police and inform the intended victim.
- If a client intends to harm himself or herself, I will make every effort to enlist their cooperation in ensuring their safety. If they do not cooperate, I will take further measures without their permission that are provided to me by law in order to ensure their safety.
Confidentially is protected by state laws and includes the content of therapy and that the client is attending therapy.
Examples of ways therapists protect the confidentiality of their clients include:
- All communications between a client and a psychotherapist will not be disclosed without written permission from the client.
- The psychotherapist will receive permission form clients before leaving any information on voicemail, emails and text messages.
- The psychotherapist will not acknowledge to outside parties that a client is attending therapy and when or if the client has an appointment.
- The psychotherapist will not discuss the contents of therapy with a third party without the explicit permission from the client.
48-hour notice is required for canceling a scheduled appointment. You will be required to pay the full cost of the session, when notice is not provided. Emergencies are understood and certainly taken in to consideration. You may call or email the office to notify of cancelation or need for rescheduling of a booked session.
Tiffany Stanley Therapy Policy
Out-of-network Insurance Claims
The client is fully responsible for obtaining reimbursement for counseling services. The therapist will provide a payment statement, if requested in advance by client. The client can then submit the statement for financial reimbursement.
All sessions are available as in-person, phone or video
Telehealth by SimplePractice is powered by Vonage/TokBox, a leading video technology company that works with some of the largest and best-in-class companies in healthcare, banking, and the education space. This vendor, as with all others we partner with, is HIPAA-compliant, has a BAA, and offers the most advanced security and technology policies.
The entire SimplePractice
The information security and compliance program is derived from HIPAA, HITRUST, PCI, ISO 27001/2, and NIST CSF frameworks. The SimplePractice
Finally, SimplePractice has a partnership with the Telebehavioral Health Institute. The Telebehavioral Health Institute holds a high criteria with whom they partner partner, and Simplepractice is proud of their relationship with the institute.
By: Martin Ignatovski, Simplep
For more information visit: https://www.simplepractice.